I've been thinking about this for a while now, after seeing a beautiful house last night, I think I have made a final decision. I want all the walls in my future home to be black and white and the color will come from the accessories. This room is a perfect example of what I love. It gives me butterflies every time I look at it. For the most part, I love rooms/furniture/accessories that have character and/or history. But I do like some pieces of modern decor. This room has a perfect combination of the two..."modern vintage" is what I like to call it.
I'll start with the furniture...
1) The velvet sofa is to die for. I absolutely love velvet (as you can probably see from previous posts). So many people think that velvet is only for fall/winter...they obviously have no clue what they are thinking.
2) The coffee table is very modern. I love it. I have seen these coffee tables in several rooms recently. You can do so much with them. They accessorize this one very elegantly. I have seen some with stacks of vintage books underneath. It looks amazing!
3) The rug just spices up the whole room. It takes the space from calm to sassy :)
4) There isn't much to say about the bookshelf except that I LOVE bookshelves. If you don't have one in your house then start shopping or building now!
5) Now, I've saved the best for last...The fireplace and molding. I'm sure I will be posting on my love for ornate and Victorian architecture in the near future. That's where all the character comes in. There are not words to describe its perfection.